Thursday 26 July 2012

I have reservations about doing intimate scenes: Barun Sobti


You have worked in a BPO for seven long years before you took to acting. How has your life changed since then?

I was working with a BPO in Delhi, but my friends insisted that I try my luck in acting as they predicted I have a great future in acting. I sent my pictures and one thing led to another. I am still rooted, but definitely my life has changed. Acting means more pressure. It's a rather consuming job where you are working for 30 days a month and 12 hours a day unlike a BPO where you get a long weekend off work. There is a lot of money riding on an actor and if the show doesn't work, the poor actor has to bear the brunt of it.

What kind of response do you get from your female fan base?
People are usually scared of me because of the arrogant character I play. They stare at me with fear that I might just scold them and often run away from me. A lot of times when I go out with my wife and when I'm not around, they ask her if it's fine to click pictures with me and if I won't scold them. My wife simply tells them that I'm the coolest guy around.
 
You have always been tight-lipped about your personal life. Do you fear losing out on your female fan following if you disclose your relationship status?
I have never hidden my marital status. I have been married for a year-and-a-half now to Pashmeen Manchanda, who also happens to be my first girlfriend.
 
Do you think the consummation scene in your show Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon was a little abrupt? Who would want to consummate the marriage in a situation where the couple is kidnapped and holed up in a dingy place?
I don't really know. The progression of a story depends on a lot of things. Everyone wanted to see the proximity between Arnav and Khushi and I feel that was the need of the hour. I just take it as my job.
 
Do you ever feel uncomfortable doing such scenes?
It's totally awkward to do such scenes. It's more difficult for a girl to do such a scene than
a male actor. But we managed to pull it off really well. We were simply playing our parts and had fun enacting the scene. However, I am not sure if I would incorporate such a scene if I were the producer.
 
Did you happen to see the consummation scene of Priya and Ram in Bade Achhe Laggte Hain? Are you comfortable locking lips on screen?
I think that was trending more than anything else. It became the toast of the town and was being talked about widely. It's got to do with the demand of the script and depends on the makers. But I have my reservations on doing intimate scenes and won't be comfortable going overboard.
 
How does your wife react to such bold scenes?
My wife knows that I love her too much so she is fine with the intimate scenes I do. She also knows that only if my role justifies such a scene will I do it. She understands my work as an actor.
 
Tell us a bit about the man behind the actor?
I am simple guy. I love my house and stay back home when I get time off shoots. I hardly party. I am not 19 anymore.

Who according to you is the most beautiful actress in television and the Bollywood industry?
Now, that's quite an uncomfortable question to answer. I would say all the girls I have worked with right from Neha Janpandit, Sanaya Irani and Daljeet Bhanot. In Bollywood, I like Sonali Bendre.
 
 Will you ever quit TV for Bollywood?
Acting matters to me and the medium is of least concern. If the next opportunity I get after this movie is of a promising television content, I will take it up. The work has to excite me.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment