Friday 28 November 2014

It was my choice to sit at home - BARUN SOBTI

AFTER ALONG DELAY OF 18 MONTHS, ACTOR BARUN SOBTI'S DEBUT FILM MAIN AUR MR. RIGHT WILL FINALLY RELEASE ON DECEMBER 12. HE TELLS US ABOUT HIS UPCOMING FILMS AND HIS DESIRE TO WORK IN TELEVISION AGAIN AFTER THE HUGE SUCCESS OF HIS SHOW ISS PYAAR KO KYA NAAM DOON?

Prathamesh N Yadav

 
Tell us about your role in Main Aur Mr. Right.
I am playing a guy called Sukhvinder Singh ( Sukhi) who wants to be an actor. He is a very loud character just like how Punjabi guys are. He is a righteous guy who will do the right things himself and also ask other people to do right things.

Newcomers usually wish to make their debut in the industry with big banners and established directors but you have shown the guts to go with a new director.

Yes I agree that the newcomers wish to make their debut with established people but I chose to go with this film because I liked the script and that's the reason I took this risk. Now I have seen the film and thankfully all the hardwork has paid off and I believe that I haven't made a wrong decision.

What was the actual reason behind the film's delay and how is the film finally seeing the light of day after a long wait of 18 months? 
This film was completed long ago but it got delayed because the producers weren't getting the right dates for the film. The makers were looking for the right slot of dates and finally they zeroed in on December 12 as the perfect day to release the film.

Also your other two films 22 Yards and Satra Ko Shaadi Hai are stuck. Does that disappoint you?
One cannot expect the film to release the very next day of its completion. Satra Ko Shaadi Hai is in its post- production and its final cut is getting ready. I think it should be out by early next year. Whereas 22 Yards is still incomplete and we will be shooting the remaining parts of the film very soon.

You are a very popular amongst the family audience due to your television shows. So would you like to carry the same image on the big screen too? 
And will you be comfortable doing intimate scenes in the future? As an actor I don't want to impress only a particular audience. I would like to impress all my viewers and I am comfortable doing anything as far as it is for a film but only if I like the script.

You left television and got busy with your film assignments but none of your films got released. So what were you doing all these years? 
To be frank I wasn't doing anything all these years except sitting at home and partying with my friends and family. It was my choice and I don't regret it. I had many options and offers but I wanted to come up with something good and I didn't think that sitting at home for some time and waiting for something good would harm my career in any way.

So will you ever get back to television if you get some good offers? 
Of course I would come back. I would love to come back to television again as TV gets you your belonging and credibility. I would love to do fictional shows on television and not the daily soaps or reality shows because I don't act to achieve fame and popularity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment