Sunday 3 November 2013

I have been approached for a show, says Barun Sobti


TV as a stepping stone
You have no idea the kind of money, TV actors make —sometimes it is more than the regular film artistes. So, it’s not necessarily a stepping stone. But yes, you are seeing a lot of TV actors foraying into films because the barrier between films and TV has broken.

TV drama or filmi masala
I would say a little of both. On TV, as an actor you relate to the character and the set because you are living it everyday and the viewer starts identifying with you and the drama. However, I end up getting less time for my family. Film shooting takes a longer time and I am left with more free time, which is welcome. Also, the audience gets more influenced by films as they watch it in a theatre with loud music and action. 

Role play
I am playing a wannabe model and I relate to the character in Main Aur Mr Riight because I came to Mumbai to become an actor.  I play a big Salman Khan fan, I dress up and try to talk like him. It’s a serious subject but dealt with in a lighter vein.

Expectations
I am actually zoned out. I have no expectations, I am not the kind of person who pins high hopes. Instead, I go with the thought that the film is going to do nothing for me. When we started the film, it was a surprise, when we saw the rushes I thought it’s looking good and when the first look was out, I was cool. 

Return to TV?
I have been approached for a show, which has a beautiful concept. It is a weekly and I am considering it.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

plz inform the show dear

Post a Comment