Friday 23 November 2012

CONFIRMED? Barun Sobti quits Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?

After speculation about Barun Sobti’s exit from the hit TV show Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon, Suzana Ghai, head of fiction – programming, Star Plus, goes on record. “Yes Barun has quit the show. We tried to persuade him not to, but he has chosen to move on.” Will Viraf Firoz Patel be the
new Arnav? “He might not be. And I can’t talk about it,” says Ghai.

About the show (Courtesy: Wikipedia): Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon premiered on June 6, 2011 on Star Plus. The show has consistently maintained a position as one of the top ten daily soaps on Indian general entertainment channels throughout its first year on air.

Will this daily soap be the same wthout the original Arnav Singh Raizada?

Interview with female lead
Sanaya Irani might play coy roles on TV, but she is known to be arrogant, rude and difficult. Riding on the success of her hit show Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon, Sanaya talks about her co-star Barun Sobti quitting the show and how her success has not affected her relationship with boyfriend Mohit Sehgal.

Hindustan Times: What do you think of your image as a difficult person?
Sanaya Irani: I have heard that, but I am not a difficult person. People who know me would laugh if they read that I was arrogant. I don’t need to prove that to anyone. I am working long hours and I am in every shot (in the serial). I am a simple person who leads a simple life. When people try to make me more than I am, that puts me in a shell which people think is rude.

Hindustan Times: But that’s part of what comes with being a star.
Sanaya Irani: Yes I know, but that doesn’t mean I have to be cool with it. I love acting and I didn’t become an actor for fame or money. I want people to not bother me. Yet I get the point of fans, who want autographs and photographs regardless of the fact that I am eating or relaxing with friends. I try to make them happy but I also hope that they understand me.

Hindustan Times: What do you think of your character Khushi?
Sanaya Irani: As an actor, I needed growth and I knew this role would be different from Gunjan in Miley Jab Hum Tum. I found it hard to play the simple Gunjan as I am a complete psycho in real life. Later, I wondered if I would be able to break out of it. When I got the role of Khushi, I was worried whether I could do it well. As my Hindi is weak and Khushi is a fast talker with chaste Hindi, the role helped me explore everything as an actor.

Hindustan Times: What is your reaction to the news that Barun is quitting the show?
Sanaya Irani: I don’t know about it. Obviously, it will be a big loss to the show, but I believe life goes on. If Barun has taken this decision, it will be for his good. I think no one should get negative about it, right from the audiences to the team.

Hindustan Times: There are rumours that the show might end after he leaves.

Sanaya Irani: I have been hearing the same rumours but I think it is speculation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment