Tuesday 15 May 2012

Barun Sobti's not quitting TV for B’wood

 
From a cameo in a youth show to being prime time telly's hottest star, Barun Sobti's come a long way. The man who's being touted as the next big thing on television also enjoys an enviable fan following.

Does he feel like a superstar? "I had no idea that this show ( Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?) would be loved and appreciated so much. But no one knows what clicks with the audience, sometimes some tracks work, some don't," he admits.

Like some of his contemporaries, Barun's soon going to sizzle on big screen in an urban rom-com. "I am doing Main Aur Mr Right with Shenaz Treasury and Kavi Shastri and am thrilled about it," he says. There were rumours that the dapper young Dilliwala was going to take a break from his show, which had sent his fans in a tizzy. Barun says, "I am going nowhere. I'm shooting in Mumbai for my film and TV show simultaneously. Both the production houses are extremely helpful and I am sure I will be able to juggle between the two."

No plans of quitting TV then? "Well, playing the main lead role in a daily soap can be very stressful. So every TV actor needs a break from time to time. But I have no plans of giving up TV. In fact, I don't make long term plans about anything because I don't want to be called a fool if they don't work out."

Barun who shares a fab screen chemistry with co-star Sanaya Irani, was romantically linked up with her. Barun is quick to dismiss them with nonchalance when he says, "Sanaya's a nice girl. We are very comfortable doing all sorts of scenes. She is quite cooperative and sincere. It isn't difficult to be friends with her."

Barun's known to enjoy a lot of female adulation. Is it a heady feeling? he says "I haven't really come across any special incidents involving with my female fans, so am not sure about how much my fans love me. In fact, I think my fans are well-behaved." He also is hailed as one of the most grounded actors on television who hasn't let success go to his head. Barun laughs ruefully, "I don't think I am that grounded! I am very excited about all the things happening around me at the moment."

Television actors don't want to take professional risks, considering their limited shelf lives. Is that why Barun's already planning his Bollywood move? "I don't have any back-up plans. While
acting is risky, not all actors are insecure. If you are insecure as a person, then it is going to show in your professional life anyway," says Barun.

Barun broke a lot of hearts when he recently got married and yet continues to bask in his new found stardom. On the other hand married actresses find it difficult to retain their stardom. Is the television male chauvinistic somewhere? "Most actresses tend to take a sabbatical post marriage, so one feels that may be they don't want to take their careers seriously. I haven't come across many girls who have got married and had no work," he explains and as he goes on to add, "I don't think the viewer's perspective changes after an actress gets married. They like the actress for the character she plays. Not every one in the audience wants to marry a TV star they idolise!"
Married to his childhood sweetheart (Pashmeen Manchanda), the much in love star says, "My wife is cool and sensible. She knows everything about me and my work. In that sense life's easy. Things haven't changed between us after marriage, because we've been together for a long time. The only
difference is that now we get to spend more time together."
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment