Wednesday 21 August 2013

Barun Sobti celebrates his birthday in Kolkata

As he cuts his birthday cake, hottie Barun Sobti tells CT why his fans make his world go round as Arnav Singh Raizada in IssPyaarKoKyaNaamDoon?, BarunSobti had managed to create a frenzy, which is unparalled. Though not seen on the telly for long, he still has his fans the world over send him gifts on his birthday today. In Kolkata to shoot for his Bollyproject, 22 Yards, the hottie not just spoke about being pitch perfect, but cut a cake exclusively for CT. Excerpts:


How are you celebrating your birthday?
I'm going to cut a cake. That apart, I will go somewhere with my wife (PashmeenManchanda) for two days, but that's a surprise, so I don't know much about it.

What kind of a cake do you like?
I don't like cakes at all. I don't like anything sweet. People think I like mango cake, but that's not true. The story goes like this. Once, a cake came on the sets of IssPyaarKoKyaNaamDoon? (IPKKND) and one of the cast members got very excited. So I asked a colleague why is she so excited about a mango cake? I guess "so excited about a mango cake" was aired later. That's why people think that I like mango cake.

Your birthday is trending on Twitter today, thanks to your huge female following...
I am thankful to them. People haven't seen me on the screen for a long time, yet they shower me with love. I hope to surprise them with the work I am doing.

Your fans across the globe are making cards and compiling messages and collages for you...
Yaar, this is a very complicated situation. See if you get materialistic stuff, you can get rid of them. But this is the kind of stuff you can't throw away. People have spent time and effort making them. There's a lot of handmade stuff that get delivered to my house... my whole wardrobe is filling up! So my message to my fans is that I have had a lot of love from you all. Send me your wishes, I would be more than happy.

How does Pashmeen react to it?
She's the one who says people have taken time out and are doing it just for you. Make sure you take care of these things.

Considering that you aren't on any social networking site, are you open to the idea of a monthly video blog to interact with fans?
It's a responsibility I won't be able to live up to. I don't want to disappoint my fans. There's a reason why I don't come on social networking sites. If I answer one person and don't answer the other, then they will feel bad and I don't want to do that. I'm really bad with communication.

Have you toured Kolkata yet?
I haven't got the time to see the city. The places we went for location hunting are the only places we saw. I went to Park Street. Then, I went to a Bengali eatery.

Have you met your heroine in 22 Yards, SuzannaMukherjee?
Yes, she is a very nice girl, who is working really hard.

IPKKND 2 is coming. Your views?
It was a nice show and I have very fond memories. It's done well for everyone. Even the people who used to watch it, had a good time. They are coming up with Season 2 and I hope it does well.

What next after 22 Yards?

I am in the process of hearing five-six scripts and I don't want to disclose them. Once Main AurMr Riight comes out, I will decide what to do next. I'm in no hurry.

 

AND THE FANMAIL...

We would have been happy to see you in ads, but you aren't part of any...
Not right now. I am not ready.

What about ramp shows?
I am not comfortable with it; it makes me nervous. To be honest, I don't think stage is my place. But again, if I do it someday, my opinion might change. As of now, I consider myself a bad stage person.

How do you manage to look so hot?
Ok! I am not very good with compliments. So I would just like to thank you all for it.

When do we get to interact with you?
It is financially impossible for me to buy tickets to all the countries and meet everyone. But I hope I am nice enough to you as always.

We want to see you and Pashmeen give an interview together some day...
It's a very long life. Hopefully, I am on the right path of my career, and hopefully you will see us together a lot of times.

What do you like to eat in Kolkata?
I love the dal, chawal and shukto here. I also like fish with mustard sauce, though I don't like eating fish too much as it needs a lot of effort to take out the bones and all.Khatesamayutnamehnatkaunkare?

0 comments:

Post a Comment