Saturday 12 May 2012

KNOW YOUR STAR: Barun Sobti

 

What do you think of the Indian television scenario ?  
I think everyone is making a lot of money, whether it is the actors, the producers or the TV channels. 

Do you experience an identity crisis because people know you by your character’s
name?

Not at all. I am a chilled out person. But if people call me by my name I hope they pronounce it right. I get called Baron, sometimes Varun and my surname is often changed to Sobit.

Your biggest achievement?
Bagging the lead role in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon. There’s no denying that it has taken my career to new heights. The show turned my life around and anyone would love to play Arnav’s role.

What is the best and worst part of your job?

The best part is when I have to give various looks and don’t have any dialogues to remember. And the worst is to shoot irrespective of weather conditions, and yet manage to make the scene look romantic.

A show you enjoy watching?
I loved the Yashraj shows Powder and Shaadi.com.

What topics do you want to see on TV?

I want to see better quality of comedy on TV.

Any memorable interactions with your fans?
People love my character and I have received tremendous appreciation. Young girls gush when they meet me and I end up telling them to focus on studies (laughs). It’s awkward to be kissed, on the cheek by fans, which happened the other day when I was in a mall and this girl just kissed me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment